Being truly a fitness expert, a lot of clients ask me “what are well balanced meals?” Well, well balanced meals are basically whole, not processed food items that provide the human body the vitamins and minerals it needs. Examples are fresh fruits and vegetables, fish, all sorts of nuts, milk (if you wish to lose fat only once a week), whey and (green) beans.
However beans and vegetables aren’t particularly tasty. And who said there aren’t foods that are good for your health but in addition tasty? So listed here are my top 7 healthy but tasty foods:
1) Dark chocolate. Big surprise! Independent of the results on your own mood, dark chocolate (high-cacao content) also has results on your own heart, circulatory system, brain function and skin. Of course you ought to eat it in moderation (max. a 1.6-ounce a day).
2) Coconuts. Those nuts are not only tasty but in addition extremely full of selenium, potassium and healthy fat.
3) Blueberries. They taste good and are full of antioxidants and fiber.
4) Almonds. Almonds contain about 50% oils (mostly omega-9 fatty acids that are good for your brain). They are also full of vitamin E, fiber and essential minerals. Try to eat them rather than chips and other snacks but restrain yourself if you can – they’ve a lot of calories.
5) Avocados. They may possibly not be to everyone’s taste, but they’re full of vitamins (B, E, K), minerals, fiber and healthy fat. You can also create a guacamole (mashed avocados with garlic, onion, tomato, pepper, etc.).
6) Salmon. Salmon is full of omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins (D, A and B) and minerals like Selenium, Zinc, Phosphorus, Calcium and Iron. And it’s delicious.
7) Full-Fat Milk. Milk is not just tastes good but provides the human body with calcium, magnesium, selenium and potassium in addition to vitamin C, D, A, B and K. Moreover, according to a brand new study women can slightly increase their fertility by consuming full fat dairy food (consuming zero fat dairy food on one other hand may slightly reduce fertility). Athletes should give low-fat chocolate milk a decide to try after workouts as studies show it is even better for muscle recovery than special sports drinks.
You could have noticed the majority of the foods on my list are full of fat. But it is monounsaturated fat, the “good” fat, that may even lower LDL cholesterol in your body tasty food. The great fat doesn’t really cause you to fat. Carbohydrates, especially too much sugar does. The foods mentioned previously make you’re feeling full whereas sugar enables you to crave for more and thus consume more calories. More important: carbohydrates generally stop the human body from burning fat. So if you wish to lose fat and don’t have the time to exercise, stay away from carbohydrates.
That’s why bananas are not on this list. Yes, bananas involve some vitamins and taste good, but in contrast to many fruits (for example apples) which contain fructose and glucose, bananas also contain sucrose (> carbohydrates), which is quite much like table sugar. That’s reason they affect your blood sugar levels almost like white bread or sugar does.
P.S. If you can’t stop eating toast and oatmeal for breakfast, try coffee with a small bit of butter (grass-fed, unsalted). It’s fat, but healthy fat and could make you forget all the bad carbo-stuff. It might take getting used to at first, but it’s worthwhile!